Friday, April 18, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Hi there!  It's me again!  I'm back with a late night post for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  Usually I post on Friday morning, but I've got a bunch of stuff going on tomorrow, so I'm posting tonight.  The theme this week is another "photo inspiration".  You can be inspired by any aspect of the photo - colors, scene, flowers, whatever, but you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is the inspiration photo, by our own teammie, Dawn!  It's of Sausalito.  Isn't it gorgeous?


Here is my creation inspired by Dawn's pic:


My inspiration was the colors purples and cool blues as well as neutrals.  My card base and mats are GKD Turquoise Sea and the patterned papers are from the GCD Happiness 6x6 pad.  The whimsical image is Floating Floral Fairy from Make it Crafty.  I did something very different with the coloring.  I printed the image on some neutral patterned paper and then colored it with my Copics.  I did a little highlighting with my Prismacolor Pencils.  A bow, a few flowers from my stash and a mythical metal charm finished my card.
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copic Colors:
Purples: V000, V01, V05, V06, V09
Turquoise: BG000, BG10, BG53, BG57, BG49
Aqua Blue: B000, B01
Hair: E42, E44, E47
 
Prismacolor Pencils:
Black Grape, Mulberry, Aquamarine, Light Aqua

Thanks for stopping by again!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fabulous creations from my teammies, Dawn, Linda, Penny and Kathi.  We hope you will play along!  You know we have a fabulous sponsor this month!  Make it Crafty is offering one randomly-selected participant a $10 GC.  As a bonus, we will have a second draw for all participants who used a Make it Crafty image and the winner will receive a second GC!  If that's not incentive to play along with your favorite MiC image, I don't know what is!


I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Digi Galore (flowers)

I'll be back late morning tomorrow for the Digi Bells Monthly Blog Hop!  Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Carla, I love you coloring on that beautiful image! You are always busy - I can't believe you slowed down to have surgery a few months back, now there is no stopping you - which is the way it should be. You are funny to think you have to space things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and wonderful colors you have chosen here! As always your coloring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carla, this is amazing! Nuff said x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shades of blue and purple really look gorgeous together. Love the stitching and the papers. Hope you have a fun (busy) day. Enjoy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Carla. I really like that you printed your image on the muted patterned paper and colored it. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Carla. Love the image and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this is so stunning! Love that fun image & your fab coloring--great "skin and hair"!!
    And printing it on the DP was a wonderful idea--love that! Really pretty DP on this, great design, love the embellies, and love the stitching! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful coloring of that whimsical image.

    Printing the image and coloring it on neutral patterned paper can be tricky, but yours is fabulous!

    I love the coloring, the patterned papers you used, and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla, Wow I love your card!!! Your colouring/Shading is just Gorgeous and love the Turquoise (my Favourite Colour lol) Thankyou for joining us at Digi Galore. Good Luck and hope to see your works of art again with us.
    Hugs Amanda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful use of those colors Carla. Love all the layering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love that print out on the coloured DP - works fantastically well, especially woth your awesome colouring as well!! Gorgeous card and that colour scheme works so well with that image too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla