Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Birthday

Hi again!  I'm back with a quick second post today to share a card I finished up for a few challenges.  This one took me forever to color, but I finally got it on a card!

Here it is:


My card base and mats are GKD Fresh Asparagus and the patterned paper is from the Best Creations, Inc. A Walk in the Garden 6x6 pack.  The gorgeous image is Girl With Pansies from AuroraWings.  You can find it in Mitzi's Etsy shop here.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some Yellow Stickles to the pansy centers and some Star Dust Stickles to the "bubbles".    I also added Liquid Pearls to her earrings.    The sentiment is stamped.  Some wrinkled silk ribbon, a double-loop bow and a few pearls from my stash finished my card. 

Here is a close-up of the image:


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E31, E35, E39, E59, E49
Leaves: G21, G94, G99, Y35
Pansies: V1, V05, V06, V09, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18
Blue flowers and bubbles: BV000, BV02, BV13, BV08
Butterfly: Y18, Y15, Y12, BG72, BG75, BG78

Thanks for stopping by!  I've got a couple more things to get done this afternoon and then I'll be around to visit.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Aurora Wings Challenge #1 (anything goes)
A Creative Romance Challenge (Spring flowers)
613 Avenue Create #65 (create your own color challenge; I used mainly blue, purple and aqua and a few others)
Stamps by Aurora Wings Monthly FB Challenge (happy birthday)
Left of Center Challenge #28 (ribbon and/or flowers; I have both)

Have a great evening and see you shortly!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Carla this is stunning, your colouring is amazing. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Carla. It was well worth the time it took to color. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why it took a long time to color! It is magnificent, Carla! Really! Love the card design, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Carla! The coloring is spectacular. I love the color scheme, too. Thank you for joining Aurora Wings' first challenge with this beauty! Best wishes. Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors! I especially love your coloring of the pansies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this may be your best ever, so much coloring! I'ts gorgeous!!!! I't s a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Carla! This reminds me of an album cover from when I was a teenager!


    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING coloring, Carla! Perfect in every way. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely, positively fantastic job coloring that intricate image!

    The placement of those pearls is perfect as is the relatively CAS design!

    This is a totally WOW card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap lady that has some serious Cha Cha to it!!!!!! absolutely love it!! love also how you let it take center stage and just used one big ribbon to finish it off!
    WTG!!! This is my FAV one of your so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome. I love how you colored her, especially the pansies and butterfly. Your card is full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness another stunning creation Carla...I love this card and wow you're coloring is beautiful. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You always colour beautifully but this is outstanding!! Such fantastic shading and blending - totally stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are really doing some beautiful work with these images Carla. Your patience in coloring has paid off. Gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning card, your colouring is wonderful!
    Thank you so much for joining us at A Creative Romance.
    Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Your colouring of the Aurora Wings image is just gorgeous! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges this fortnight! Why not check out our latest challenge starting today! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla