Thursday, July 23, 2015

Little Miss Muffet - Inspiration Thursday

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Hope you're having a good week so far.  It's still super hot and humid here.  We did get a little rain last night, but it didn't really cool things down much.  Hopefully there will be a break in the action soon.  Before heading out for a busy day, I am here with my Little Miss Muffet DT card.  It's Inspiration Thursday this week, so as always, the Little Misses will have lots of inspiration for you over in the Little Miss Muffet Facebook group.  Be sure to stop by and check it out!

Here is my card:


Now here's something you don't see too often from me - a CAS design with no patterned paper to be found!  This beautiful image doesn't need anything else, in my opinion.  It is Dragonfly Floral from DoveArt Studiosavailable from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  The detailing of these images by Jennifer Dove is amazing and it makes them a delight to color.   I colored this with my Copics.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the dragonfly for just a touch of shimmer.  The sentiment is from an old set from Gina K. Designs.  A simple black mat to set off the image and that was it.

Here is a closer view of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Little Miss Muffet Facebook group and check out the Thursday Inspiration from the rest of the Little Misses.  Don't forget about our "anything goes" challenge over on the blog.  You still have until Tuesday, July 28th to enter.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Crafting From the Heart #69 (anything goes)
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #269 (no patterned papers)
Incy Wincy Challenge (things with wings)

Have a great day and see you tomorrow!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. You don't need any pattern paper at all. This is a gorgeous card, unfortunately it is a sympathy card. That is all right though because you will certainly make the recipient feel better just by having this beauty to look at. I wish no one ever had to make one of these types of card, but I guess that is life. Those Stickles really look pretty on those wings and the flower are colored so nicely they look lifelike. Another winner from you, Carla. Have a good day. Our weather got a bit cooler last night and today, but that won't last long. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Carla. Just adore the colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, I love the simplicity of the design, the image is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love it !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are just beautiful, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card very suibtle lovely
    thsnks for joining incy wincy
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, gorgeous image coloured beautifully, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla